Sign up for Athletic Department text alerts!
Student Athlete Handbook updated July 2016
Eligibility to represent a school in extracurricular activities is a privilege to be attained by meeting the standards of eligibility cooperatively set by the member schools of the Missouri State High School Activities Association, as well as any additional standards set by the Hallsville R-IV School. Students who represent the school in extracurricular activities must be creditable citizens, as determined by school officials, to be eligible for participation. Any student whose character or conduct is such as to reflect discredit upon themselves or the school, are not considered "creditable citizens". Conduct shall be satisfactory in accordance with the standards of good discipline. Athletes are always in the public eye and personal conduct must always be above reproach.
PHYSICALS: All athletes must have a current pre-participation physical exam form and proof of insurance information turned in before participating in their first practice. A valid physical exam for the 2016-17 school year must be dated after February 1, 2016 and will be good for the entire school year. A MSHSAA physical form is available here.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- HIGH SCHOOL FALL SPORTS- volleyball, football, cross country, softball, and cheer began fall practices on Monday, August 1.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL SPORTS- football, volleyball, softball, and cheer began fall practices on Monday, August 15.
- SCHOOL STARTS ON WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17 at which time all practices will be after school hours.
- All athletes must participate in 14 days of practice before being eligible to participate in any competition.
- Each program will have a required parent meeting sometime in the first week of practice to outline their program expectations, complete required paperwork, and discuss eligibility requirements. The head coach of each program will announce the date of this meeting.
- Team calendars will be posted on this department website as they become available.
Sports Physical Form